LinkedIn.com suggestions and ideas....for you to consider
If you’re presently conducting a job search, why not make the most of your profile? Give employers the information they need—and direct them back to your profile. Recent statistics state that 90% of hiring managers are using social media to research potential candidates. Leverage this information, and utilize it to your advantage. Simply stated, add your LinkedIn profile address to your resume.
WHERE DO I ADD MY LINKEDIN PROFILE?
The most common place to add your profile address is in the header of the first page. This gives the hiring manager a Web address to view—and the opportunity to see more detailed information about who you are and your career history. If the hiring manager is going to be researching you online anyway, you might as well direct them to information that you can control. Besides, having them read your LinkedIn recommendations only reinforces the positive reputation and brand you’re trying to build.
ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
Make sure your profile is chock-full of professional recommendations from colleagues, former supervisors, etc. This way, when a potential employer is reviewing your profile they’ll find your recommendations—and it will only make you look all the better.
USE A CUSTOM PROFILE ADDRESS
Instead of using the generic URL address that LinkedIn assigns to you, go into your profile and edit the URL so that it has your name in it. This way, the URL is shorter and looks more professional on your resume.
ENSURE THAT YOUR PROFILE IS NOT AN EXACT REPLICA OF YOUR RESUME
If the employer is looking for additional information aside from that which is contained in your resume, it’s best to not repeat everything that is already on your resume in your LinkedIn profile. Utilize additional details you did not include in your resume, and be sure to use keywords and terms that are searchable so a recruiter or hiring manager completing a search on LinkedIn can find you.
The moral of the story is: If you’re not including your LinkedIn profile address on your resume, maybe you should be. If 90% of employers are using social networks and online searches to dig up more information about you—the potential employee—why not provide them with the best information possible.
Padilla is looking to hire a Director of Research and Insights.
Director of Research and Insights, Minneapolis
Padilla Speer Beardsley, an integrated communications firm based in Minneapolis with an office in New York, is seeking an experienced research director to lead our in-house research team.
Candidates must have:
• Expertise in market research, opinion research and/or account planning.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Business development skills, including the ability to write proposals, manage client relationships and present our research capabilities.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a research-related field, and an advanced degree with research or related emphasis.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and execute all phases and types of research, using primary and secondary methods, and qualitative and quantitative techniques.
• Experience supervising and managing a research team.
• A working knowledge of descriptive and multivariate statistical techniques, and experience with analytical software such as SPSS and Excel.
Key responsibilities include:
• Actively managing research projects, including selection of research and analytical methods, study design, data analysis and preparation of strategic recommendations.
• Building strong relationships with internal partners and external clients.
• Managing project budgets and work quality.
• Seeking new business and networking opportunities.
• Analyzing data and generating insights to represent the voice of the target customer to drive positioning, marketing strategies and branding.
• Participating in new business pitches.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be able to prioritize multiple demands on his/her time, while effectively managing staff and leading clients.
This leader will be expected to grow and support existing research clients by consistently delivering excellent client service, and meeting research challenges on time and within budget. We measure progress by client retention, revenue growth and business development.
Padilla is a multispecialty firm with experts in integrated marketing communications, corporate reputation, investor relations, employee communications and crisis/critical issues management. We serve clients from a variety of industries, including agriculture, consumer products, financial services, health care, manufacturing, retail and technology. All areas of the firm draw upon the capabilities of our research team.